When it’s time for a new water heater, energy efficiency is normally near the top of many people’s wish lists in West Chester. A tankless water heater is a great choice for saving energy. In fact, a tankless water heater is 8–34 percent more energy efficient than a storage water heater, according to energy.gov.
Unlike traditional tank heaters that heat gallons of water and store it for usage, tankless water heaters use gas burners or electric coils to heat water on an as-needed basis, which may save you a lot on energy expenses. Since the heated water isn’t stored for use later on, you won’t be paying for standby energy losses like you might with tank heaters. You’ll also benefit from having a constant supply of hot water. They are small in size, energy-efficient in design and low-cost to use.
When you turn on a hot water tap, cold water moves through the unit where either a gas burner or an electric element is going to heat it. Then it travels to the tap, where you end up with hot water. One thing about tankless water heaters—particularly for bigger households—is that the flow rate of hot water may not be high enough to accommodate a handful of uses at once. One of our specialists will help you figure out what your flow rate is and provide recommendations based on their analysis.
Some people decide to install a separate tankless water heater that’s picked for a specific appliance, like the dishwasher or the clothes washer—or as a booster for a solar water heating system. However, a lot of homes in the West Chester area do very well with a single tankless water heater. Let’s look at some of the benefits of getting one:
- Most tankless water heaters have a lifetime of 20 years—that’s about twice as long as the lifecycle of a normal tank heater.
- Most tankless units carry a federal tax rebate.
- Tankless water heaters rarely run out of hot water.
- You get better energy efficiency with a tankless water heater because they are more efficient minus standby heat loss and only use the power they need to heat the amount of water needed at any point.
- Tankless models require much less space than traditional tank water heaters. They can even be mounted on the walls and some can be put in small cupboards or closets. Smaller units can be installed under cabinets or in a closet, closer to where they’re used.
With tankless water heaters, you get rid of the probability of flooding due to a ruptured tank. Call Wesley Wood Service Experts today if you want an ENERGY STAR® rated, tankless hot water heater added to your West Chester home. It’s a great energy-efficient choice for your home. We have quality tankless hot water heater choices, skill and expert service—for all your tankless water heater needs. Give our team a call at 484-401-7577
or request an appointment with us online.