Your sump pump is one of those items you may not consider until you need it—then you hope it’s running as it should. The good news is that the experts at Wesley Wood Service Experts are here to help whether you need new sump pump installation, repair or replacement for your West Chester home.
Sump pumps can stop working for several of different reasons and we’ve probably experienced it all. So, when your sump pump starts acting weird, give Wesley Wood Service Experts a call to come out and examine your issue.
During our visit, we can give you with multiple preventive maintenance tricks to help ensure your sump pump doesn’t leave you high and dry (or specifically, quite the opposite) when you need it most. Our staff will examine your sump pump for proper operation and if we see any clue of a potential problem, we’ll alert you immediately and discuss your options.
It is vital to take note there are several very basic things that you can do to make sure you have your sump pump set up for efficiency:
- Identify the pump is plugged in to a ground fault circuit interrupter (GFCI) outlet in case of power surges.
- Ensure the cord is in good shape.
- Be sure the pump is vertical and not tilting to one side because it can cause the sump pump to not activate when needed.
- If it has been a while since your sump pump has operated, pour a bucket of water into the pit to make sure the pump starts and the water drains quickly.
- When it’s going to be dry, pull out the sump pump and clean the grate on the bottom as it can attract small stones into the grate over time.
- Make sure the vent hole in the discharge pipe is unblocked.
Because your sump pump is really a type of insurance to protect your living space and your belongings from what can be devastating water damage, look to the experts at Wesley Wood Service Experts to help ensure yours is doing its job. We’ve got the experience and expertise you need, whether you need sump pump repair or sump pump replacement. Give us a call at 484-401-7577
or request an appointment online.