If you think you may have a gas leak, evacuate your home and call 911 immediately.
Signs of a gas leak may include the following:
- The smell of sulfur or “rotten eggs”
- Hissing or blowing sounds from appliances hooked up to the gas line, like gas stoves, or sounds from the gas source itself
- Dead or faded grass, plants or other vegetation
- People inside the home having symptoms such as dizziness, nausea or fatigue
If you are dealing with any of these signs and are concerned they may be due to a gas leak, leave your home and call 911 right away, followed by your utility company.
In some cases, the utility company will fix a gas leak, but in many scenarios the homeowner is on the hook. Luckily, the experts at Wesley Wood Service Experts are thoroughly trained to install or repair gas lines and we pride ourselves on getting the job done right, and more importantly, safely. Not to mention that all our work is covered with our 100% Satisfaction Guarantee*!
GAS LINE REPAIR IS SOMETHING YOU SHOULD NEVER TRY AS A DIY PROJECT.
While there are a number of projects around the house that homeowners choose to take on by themselves, gas line repair should to be left up to the specialists. It is the only way to make sure that your gas lines are both safe and effective, as well as up to all West Chester codes.
From adding gas lines for a new stove or oven to fixing gas lines for a heater in your garage, Wesley Wood Service Experts’s years of experience have allowed us to handle a variety of gas line projects in the West Chester community, so no job is too much for our experts.
Gas Leak and Carbon Monoxide Safety
As mentioned before, the first thing you need to do if you are concerned about a gas leak is evacuate your home and then call 911 promptly. After emergency responders are coming your way, get ahold of your utility company.
Once the emergency responders and utility company have made sure there is no danger, call Wesley Wood Service Experts to set up a gas line repair, installation or replacement.
Poisonous gases, including natural gas and carbon monoxide, should be taken very seriously. Be sure you have carbon monoxide detectors installed in your home and call 911 right away if you’re ever worried about a gas leak or carbon monoxide in your home. Unlike natural gas, carbon monoxide won’t have an odor and can’t be easily detected. The EPA recommends a few steps to reduce exposure to carbon monoxide:
- Keep gas appliances safely adjusted.
- Invest in and take advantage of an exhaust fan vented to outdoors over gas stoves.
- Open flues when fireplaces are in use.
- Have an expert inspect, clean and tune up your central heating systems (including furnaces, flues and chimneys) annually and repair any leaks right away.
For more tips on how to safely heat your home and avoid carbon monoxide issues, check out our blog.