What can be done to protect my home from carbon monoxide?
Prevention is the most crucial place to start. Taking proper safety precautions will decrease your likelihood of carbon monoxide poisoning in West Chester.
Here are a few steps you can take to keep your family protected:
- Warm up your car out of your garage. Cars are a significant source of carbon monoxide poisoning, so do not leave yours going in the small space of a garage. The same is true for gas equipment like lawn mowers or snowmobiles.
- Don’t use ovens or grills as heaters. These appliances are safe when used right but can create carbon monoxide when used for an extensive period of time in small spaces.
- Don’t operate a gas generator indoors, as it creates fumes.
- Have your chimney inspected by a professional. This verifies chimneys and vents are clear and connected properly.
- Confirm gas appliances are running correctly, especially your heater. You can make sure you’re receiving efficient, safe operation by booking yearly furnace maintenance with Wesley Wood Service Experts.