Prevention is the most crucial place to begin. Taking proper safety precautions will decrease your likelihood of carbon monoxide poisoning in West Chester.
Here are a few steps you can take to keep your family protected:
- Warm up your car away from your garage. Cars are a significant source of carbon monoxide poisoning, so do not leave yours going in the small space of a garage. The same is true for gas equipment like lawn mowers or snowmobiles.
- Don’t use ovens or grills as heaters. These things are safe when used right but can create carbon monoxide when used for an extensive period of time in small spaces.
- Don’t run a gas generator indoors, as it creates fumes.
- Have your chimney examined by a professional. This verifies chimneys and vents are clear and connected properly.
- Confirm gas appliances are running accurately, especially your heater. You can make sure you’re getting efficient, safe heating by booking yearly furnace maintenance with Wesley Wood Service Experts.