The Importance of Home Water Filtration and Purification
When you run the faucet on your kitchen or bathroom sink, you anticipate clean, healthy water to flow out. But even if your water looks clear, it might still carry toxic chemicals that present a risk to your family’s health and well-being. A lot of people dislike the taste of contaminated tap water and recognize the risks of drinking it. That’s why half of all American families use either a home water treatment system (32 percent) or bottled water (18 percent) to ensure they have healthy drinking water at home.
If you want to safeguard your family’s health, you may first consider going the bottled water approach. Unfortunately, this gets pricey almost immediately. Plus, plastic water bottles that don’t get recycled end up contaminating the world’s waterways, harming the environment and hurting marine life.
Setting up a whole-house water filtration system is more cost-efficient and better for the environment than using so much bottled water. It will also supply healthier water much more easily because you can get it directly from the tap. Additionally, whole-house systems supply purified water to your showers, tubs and plumbing fixtures, enabling you to capitalize on the benefits anywhere you use water in your home.
Before installing a whole-house water filter, find out what’s in your water and how a Filtermax™ Superior Chemical Removal Filter can filter out unhealthy contaminants. Then, contact Wesley Wood Service Experts to help you find and install the ideal water filter for you.
What’s in Your Drinking Water?
Water quality varies by location, but some of the most likely contaminants are:
- Heavy metals
- Industrial chemicals
- Disinfection byproducts (DBPs)
Learn what’s in your drinking water by entering your ZIP Code into the Environmental Working Group’s drinking water quality database. EWG data shows that greater than 80 percent of utility water supplies in North America tested positive for carcinogenic chemicals, revealing that lawful water quality levels are not necessarily safe.
Try Installing a Filtermax Water Filtration System
The Filtermax Superior Chemical Removal Filter traps dirt, debris and hazardous chemicals from your faucets, supplying you and your family with safe, healthy water to drink. Here are the perks of this system:
- Sediment filtration: Cloudiness is a common sign of debris in your drinking water. Composed of silt, sand, rust or clay, sediment is abundant and can become concentrated in the water main after heavy rainfall. While generally harmless, sediment makes your drinking water appear and taste unpleasant. Filtermax offers sediment filtration to filter out solids from your drinking water.
- Chlorine removal: Chlorine is the key to clean drinking water in urban settings. Unfortunately, this disinfectant can generate hazardous chemical byproducts when it meets naturally occurring organic and inorganic compounds in the water. Some DPBs, such as trihalomethanes (THMs), are known to cause cancer. Filtermax gets rid of these carcinogens to protect your family.
- Safer, cleaner, better-tasting water: Providing safe tap water is the goal of installing any water filtration equipment. Besides being safer for your family to enjoy, filtered water also smells, tastes and looks better. No more lingering metallic or musty scents. No more earthy or chlorine flavor. No more muddy water swirling around your kitchen sink. Just clean-tasting, odorless, crystal-clear water.
- Filtered water for every tap: Hazardous chemicals don’t just threaten you when ingested—they also absorb into your skin as you shower and cling to your clothing and dishes when you clean them. That’s why a whole-house filtration system is so beneficial because it ensures clean water from every tap.
- No operating expenses or wasted water: Some whole-house filtration systems add to your electric bills. Others raise your water bills with automatic backwashing and flushing. Filtermax demonstrates that clean water doesn’t have to come with higher utility costs.
- Flow-through distributor: Depending on your plumbing system’s configuration, you may need an upflow or downflow water filter. The Filtermax™ flow-through distributor includes both designs to accommodate your needs.
- 20-year manufacturer warranty: This is the best warranty in the water treatment equipment industry! With this coverage, you have certainty your investment will continue providing clean, quality drinking water for many years to come.
Install a Whole-House Water Filter in Your Home
At Wesley Wood Service Experts, we install multiple types of water filtration systems from Excalibur, such as the Filtermax Superior Chemical Removal Filter. Whether you’re trying to decrease water hardness, eliminate bacteria or remove dangerous chemicals, you’ll find the best system for you from Excalibur. Installation is fast, simple and bolstered with our 100 percent satisfaction guarantee. Contact your local Wesley Wood Service Experts office for help picking out a water filtration system that fits your needs and budget.