The Value of Annual Furnace Maintenance
As the temperature falls and you find yourself reaching for the thermostat more frequently, you should also reach for your phone to schedule annual furnace maintenance. Ensuring your furnace operates at peak efficiency this winter increases your comfort, safety and peace of mind all season long.
Here’s a little more about what this crucial preventive task entails and why you shouldn’t neglect it.
What Is Done During Routine Furnace Maintenance?
A maintenance visit is a surefire way to get your heating system ready for the cold months. Although the exact tasks depend on the brand and age of your unit, you can generally expect your technician to perform the following:
- Examine and clean the burner: Over time, dirt and debris can clog the burner, affecting its performance. Cleaning it maintains the best possible heat transfer.
- Test the gas valves: Making sure these valves are fully open and working correctly is crucial for safe furnace operation.
- Examine the heat exchanger: A cracked heat exchanger can result in carbon monoxide leaks, so it’s essential to ensure no cracks are present.
- Review and tighten electrical parts: Loose connections can make your HVAC unit hazardous and inefficient. The good thing is, tightening them is a fast and simple task.
- Clean the blower: A grungy blower affects your furnace’s ability to circulate warm air through your home. Cleaning and balancing the fan assures appropriate airflow.
- Change the air filter: Clean air filters ensure proper airflow throughout your system, which is why you should always replace a dirt-filled air filter in your furnace. Installing a brand-new air filter also improves indoor air quality if you set up a filtration system.
Why You Should Schedule Routine Furnace Maintenance
If your furnace appears to be running fine, is it still useful to schedule a maintenance appointment? Consider these four reasons why the answer is a resounding “yes”:
- Lower the chance of mid-season failures: There are few more disheartening ways to start the day than waking up on a cold winter morning to discover your furnace has stopped working. Unexpected breakdowns are aggravating and can leave you scrambling to find a repairman. Annual furnace maintenance decreases the risk of unexpected problems because your heating specialist inspects every part of your system, catching minor issues before they grow into costly repairs.
- Less expensive repair costs: It’s a simple equation—the earlier you catch a problem, the less expensive it is to repair. By investing in budget-friendly, planned maintenance visits, you can avoid high-priced, inconvenient repairs, keeping more money in your pocket.
- Increase your furnace’s service life: Like a well-maintained car, a furnace that receives regular tune-ups will most likely last longer than a neglected heating system. Annual maintenance saves you the expense of early furnace replacement by adding years to your system’s life span.
- Improve energy efficiency: A well-maintained heating system works smoothly and efficiently. When all the components are clean and in good working order, your system doesn’t have to work as hard to keep your residence cozy. This lowers your energy bills and cuts down your environmental impact.
- Healthier indoor air quality: Polluted indoor air aggravates allergies and respiratory diseases. The air filter in your furnace captures dust, pollen and other airborne irritants to reduce these issues. During a maintenance appointment, the HVAC tech will change the air filter at your request, ensuring cleaner air flows through your home.
- Boosts safety: A malfunctioning furnace is not only inefficient, it also could be dangerous. Cracked heat exchangers or faulty gas valves can lead to harmful carbon monoxide leaks. Knowing your system has has received a thorough examination during routine maintenance should give you a sense of comfort this winter.
What Season Should You Plan Your Maintenance Visit?
To reap the most benefits, it’s best to plan annual furnace maintenance in the fall before winter’s chill arrives. This gives you time to make sure any issues are addressed before you need to rely heavily on your heating system.
DIY Furnace Maintenance Between Appointments
Although professional maintenance is essential, you can do several tasks yourself to keep your furnace running smoothly between visits:
- Change the air filter every 30 to 90 days to optimize airflow.
- Be sure that the home’s return and supply registers are open and unobstructed for system balance.
- Vacuum the outside of the furnace with the brush attachment to make sure it stays clean.
Choose Service Experts Heating, Air Conditioning & Plumbing for Furnace Maintenance in the U.S.
If it’s time for your next furnace maintenance visit, Service Experts Heating, Air Conditioning & Plumbing is a heating and cooling team you can trust. Our ACE-certified technicians provide fast, long-lasting fixes for all your furnace and air conditioning dilemmas. We’re proud to deliver solutions to our community and focus on making a meaningful difference in your lifestyle and sense of comfort. We even give our customers a 100% satisfaction guarantee for your peace of mind. To get the most out of your heating system, call 866-397-3787 today to schedule furnace maintenance with Service Experts Heating, Air Conditioning & Plumbing.
How to Pick Out an Effective HVAC System
In terms of keeping your home comfortable all year, nothing is more critical than choosing the right heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC) system. This decision impacts your daily comfort, monthly utility bills and overall home efficiency. But, with so many system types, sizes and... Continue reading
Annual HVAC Maintenance Guidelines
Now that the air gets colder, you know it’s time to prepare your home for the cooler months ahead. Your heating system is key to maintaining a cozy, warm atmosphere. A well-maintained furnace supplies the comfort you desire while using less energy. Routine inspections also make your system less... Continue reading
Heating and Cooling Trends in 2024
In the ever-evolving world of home HVAC, keeping up with the latest HVAC trends is very important for homeowners looking to enhance their home’s comfort and efficiency. Going into 2024, the HVAC industry continues to innovate, bringing new technologies and trends aimed at changing how residents... Continue reading