Air conditioners don’t work for a lifetime, regardless of the brand or quality. If you’re preparing for air conditioning replacement in West Chester, you could be thinking—should you also book furnace replacement too? It varies based on your situation.
Here are a few aspects to consider, as well as the advantages of not having a mismatched furnace and air conditioner.
Things to Ask When Thinking Over Air Conditioning Replacement and Furnace Replacement at the Same Time
Here are key questions to answer before making your decision:
- How old is your furnace? Furnaces can last up to 20 years, while air conditioners last for about 15 years. If your furnace is over a 15 years old, we recommend replacing it with your air conditioner. If it’s much less than 15 years old than this, you can typically hold on it.
- What kind of air conditioner are you installing? Many homeowners are replacing their outdated, single-stage air conditioners for variable-speed models. This uses less energy and increases comfort by running at several speeds. Air conditioners rely on the furnace blower to move air. So, if you have a single-stage furnace, you’ll have to install a new one to realize the complete comfort and perks of a matched variable-speed system.
- Can your furnace give adequate air flow? Your furnace needs to circulate the right amount of air to keep your house the right temperature. A new air conditioner might call for a different indoor coil. So, it’s crucial your furnace is properly sized for the new air conditioner. An Expert technician, for instance one from Wesley Wood Service Experts, can determine that static pressure of your system and give the correct advice.
- Is the installation complicated? You’ll make it easier on your Expert and your pocketbook if you get new units together.
Why You Should Install a New Furnace and Air Conditioner at the Same Time
If your furnace and air conditioner work together and are adequately sized, there aren’t often any major immediate drawbacks. A mismatched setup is frequently temporary until the other system goes out. You can avoid the short-term repair by replacing your furnace and air conditioner simultaneously. And, you’ll get these perks:
- Better efficiency: By “matching” your air conditioner and furnace, you’ll guarantee everything operates at the best efficiency, making your family comfier and lowering your yearly energy bills.
- Decreased HVAC repairs: If you buy a new air conditioning but keep the old furnace, you never know when it might malfunction for good. In the interim, you’ll pay for repairs that could have paid for a new furnace.
- Possible discounts: You can save on labor by having both replaced during the same appointment. And you may even be authorized for an exclusive deal because you’re buying new heating and cooling equipment.
If it’s time to replace your mismatched furnace and air conditioner, you can depend on Wesley Wood Service Experts. We realize the cost of replacing your entire system can concern you, so we’ll make your investment reasonable through special offers or our stress-free Advantage Program™. You can receive a new, high-efficiency unit at no money down and simply one reasonable monthly expense. And all maintenance and repairs later on are taken care of!*
You can relax knowing that our team is thoroughly trained, experienced and NATE-certified to provide a job done right the first time. Plus, we give you a one-year 100% Satisfaction Guarantee.** Contact us at 484-401-7577 to get an HVAC installation estimate today!
*Some exclusions apply.
**Not applicable to the Advantage Program. See your signed Advantage program Agreement for full details and exclusions. 100% Satisfaction Guarantee is subject to certain restrictions and limitations as set forth in the applicable Terms and Conditions.