Should I Buy a New Air Conditioner and Furnace Simultaneously?
Air conditioners don’t work for a lifetime, regardless of the brand or quality. If you’re preparing for air conditioning replacement too? It varies based on your situation.
Here are several aspects to consider, as well as the advantages of not having a mismatched furnace and air conditioner.
Points to Ask When Thinking About Air Conditioning Replacement and Furnace Replacement at the Same Time
Here are key questions to answer before making your decision:
- How long have you had your furnace? Furnaces can last up to 20 years, while air conditioners last for about 15 years. If your furnace is over a 15 years old, we recommend replacing it with your air conditioner. If it was installed earlier than this, you can typically hold on it.
- What kind of air conditioner are you buying? Many homeowners are swapping out their dated, single-stage air conditioners for variable-speed models. This uses less energy and increases comfort by running at varying speeds. Air conditioners depend on the furnace blower to move air. So, if you have a single-stage furnace, you’ll have to install a new one to get the complete comfort and advantages of a matched variable-speed system.
- Can your furnace deliver adequate air flow? Your furnace needs to circulate the right amount of air to keep your house the right temperature. A new air conditioner might need a different indoor coil. So, it’s crucial your furnace is properly sized for the new air conditioner. An Expert technician, such as one from Wesley Wood Service Experts, can determine that static pressure of your system and give the proper advice.
- Is the installation complicated? You’ll make it easier on your Expert and your pocketbook if you install both units together.
Why You Should Install a New Furnace and Air Conditioner at the Same Time
If your furnace and air conditioner match and are correctly sized, there aren’t typically any major imminent consequences. A mismatched setup is frequently temporary until the other system stops working. You can avoid the short-term repair by replacing your furnace and air conditioner at the same time. And, you’ll get these perks:
- Better efficiency: By “matching” your air conditioner and furnace, you’ll make sure everything operates at the best efficiency, making your residence comfier and lowering your long-term energy expenses.
- Reduced HVAC repairs: If you buy a new air conditioner but keep the old furnace, you never know when it might stop working for good. Meanwhile, you’ll pay for repairs that could have paid for a modern furnace.
- Possible discounts: You can save on labor by having both put in during the same appointment. And you may even be authorized for an exclusive deal because you’re buying new heating and cooling equipment.
If it’s time to replace your mismatched furnace and air conditioner, you can depend on Wesley Wood Service Experts. We realize the cost of replacing your complete system might worry you, so we’ll make your investment reasonable through special offers or our stress-free Advantage Program™. You can enjoy a new, high-efficiency furnace and air conditioner at no money down and simply one small monthly price. And all maintenance and repairs down the road are covered!*
You can relax knowing that our team is thoroughly trained, experienced and ACE-certified to guarantee a job done correctly the first time. Plus, we include a one-year 100% Satisfaction Guarantee.** Contact us at 484-401-7577 to get an HVAC installation estimate today!
*Some exclusions apply.