Summer is usually a busy time of year for many people in West Chester. Whether it’s a family reunion, an extended vacation or any host of other fun activities, summer not only brings about full schedules, but that dreaded West Chester heat as well.
We know you’ve already taken care of all of your AC repair and air conditioner service needs long before summer came, so what else can you do to stay cool during those days where you can’t escape to an air conditioned oasis? Health Canada has a couple suggestions:
Spending time outdoors is what summer is all about, but staying safe in the West Chester heat is non-negotiable. And when you do finally make it back to air conditioning, make sure you’ve covered all of your AC repair and air conditioner service needs so you don’t have to worry about it breaking down in the heat of the summer. Give Wesley Wood Service Experts a call at 484-401-7577 or set up an appointment online if you have any questions about potential AC repair or how you can make certain that your air conditioner is operating at its peak in the West Chester heat.
- Stay in air conditioned places as much as you can. Of course, outdoor activities make this tough, but if you are able to take a short break and escape to an air conditioned building at a park or a vehicle’s air conditioning, do so.
- Drink plenty of fluids. Sip on your drink even if you don't feel thirsty, as thirst can be an early indicator of dehydration. If you begin to experience muscle cramping, take a breather as it may also be an early warning of dehydration or a separate heat-related illness.
- Take precautions when scheduling outdoor activities. Any kind of workout or athletic practices should be held earlier or later in the day when the West Chester temperatures are more tolerable.
- Dress to stay cooler in higher temperatures. Light-colored, lightweight and loose-fitting clothing are your best bet.
- Keep your shower or bath a little more cool than usual. It can help you cool down a little quicker so you can get back to basking in your home’s air conditioning.