Summer is usually a busy time of year for many families in West Chester. Whether it’s a family reunion, an extended vacation or any host of other fun activities, summer not only brings about full schedules, but that dreaded West Chester heat as well.
We know you’ve already handled all of your AC repair and air conditioner service needs long before summer came, so what else can you do to stay cool during those days where you can’t get away to an air conditioned oasis? Health Canada has a couple pointers:
Spending time outdoors is what summer is all about, but staying safe in the West Chester heat is non-negotiable. And when you do finally make it back to air conditioning, make sure you’ve covered all of your AC repair and air conditioner service needs so you never have to worry about it going out in the heat of the summer. Give Wesley Wood Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning a call at 484-401-7577 or set up an appointment online if you have any questions about potential AC repair or how you can make certain that your air conditioner is operating at its peak in the West Chester heat.
- Stay in air conditioned places as much as you can. Of course, outdoor activities make this tough, but if you are able to take a short break and escape to an air conditioned building at a park or a vehicle’s air conditioning, take advantage of it.
- Drink plenty of fluids. Sip on your drink even if you don't feel thirsty, as thirst can be an early sign of dehydration. If you begin to experience muscle cramping, take a break as it may also be an early warning of dehydration or a separate heat-related illness.
- Take special measures when scheduling outdoor activities. Any type of workout or athletic practices should be done earlier or later in the day when the West Chester temperatures are more tolerable.
- Dress to stay cooler in higher temperatures. Light-colored, lightweight and loose-fitting clothing are your best choice.
- Keep your shower or bath a little more cool than normal. It can help you cool down a tad quicker so you can get back to basking in your home’s air conditioning.