Building a new house? Upgrading your current system? Whatever the reason why you’re looking for an air conditioner, you could quickly learn you have more choices than you originally thought. Go through this information to help you weigh four different types so you can find the right air conditioner in West Chester.
Central Air Conditioning
This is what most people call to mind when they picture air conditioning for the full residence. Central air conditioning sends air to every room through a system of ducts and registers.
This might be right for you if:
- Your house has ductwork.
- You currently have a furnace or air handler.
- You want quiet, convenient air conditioning.
Air-Source Heat Pump
In warm weather, heat pumps run similar to central air conditioners. A lot of models can also deliver heat when it’s cold.
This could be ideal for you if:
- Your residence has ductwork.
- You live in an area with warmer weather during the winter.
- You want a single piece of equipment for all-season heating and cooling, as opposed to a standard furnace and air conditioner.
- Your house doesn’t utilize (or you don’t want) natural or propane gas.
- You’re seeking nearly silent, energy-efficient operation.
Geothermal Heat Pump
The ground beneath your feet hovers at an even 55 degrees during the year. A geothermal heat pump taps into this ongoing source of energy with underground loops for excellent heating and cooling efficiency.
This might be ideal for you if:
- Your residence utilizes ductwork.
- You want one piece of equipment for energy-efficient heating and cooling.
- You have ample land around your residence for the underground loops.
This is an additional kind of heat pump. With ductless mini-splits, an outdoor unit connects to an indoor blower unit installed to a wall or ceiling. This doesn’t call for any ductwork and keeps your windows shut.
This may be ideal for you if:
- Your home, or a new addition to it, doesn’t include ductwork.
- You’re seeking an energy-efficient approach for heating and cooling individual spaces.
- You want to install zoning in your residence.
Not sure which style of air conditioner you should buy? Depend on the Experts at Wesley Wood Service Experts for everything air conditioning! We can go over your options and help you choose the best one for your budget. Please contact us at 484-401-7577 to schedule an air conditioning replacement estimate right away.