How Do You Test for Carbon Monoxide?

There are a lot of vapors that could be inside your West Chester house. Natural gas and gases that derive from residential furnishings, flooring and paints. Not one of these fumes are as threatening as carbon monoxide.

Reach Wesley Wood Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning at 484-401-7577 today to get started shielding your family against this harmful gas.

Why is Carbon Monoxide so Deadly?

Carbon monoxide might be a life and death situation, so it’s not a thing to mess around with.

1. You Can’t See It

Carbon monoxide is dangerous because you can’t observe it, sense it with your nose or detect it with your taste buds. It doesn’t cause irritation in little doses and can’t be filtered.

2. It Can Be Fatal in Just a Few Minutes

Carbon monoxide is a byproduct of spent fuel. It can leak into your house during cold weather if the heat exchanger on your gas furnace cracks. While it depends on how big the leak is and the ventilation in a house, it could become deadly in just a few minutes.

Once inhaled, carbon monoxide has a half-life of around five hours. If you are inhaling pure air, it requires five hours to get it out of your body. It requires an additional five hours to decrease that concentration by half.

3. Carbon Monoxide Reaction Can Mimic Other Illnesses

Carbon monoxide may also mimic conditions that can be confused with the flu, viral infections and chronic fatigue syndrome, among other things.

How to Guard Your Home from Carbon Monoxide

There’s no reason to risk carbon monoxide poisoning.

Here are several precautions you can do to keep your family safe:

  1. Your home with at least one natural gas heater, connected garage or fireplace needs to have a carbon monoxide system. It’s necessary to have a detector on each level of your residence, including the basement and garage. You also should install one inside or outside of every bedroom. Don’t have a carbon monoxide detector in your house?
    Call Wesley Wood Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning at 484-401-7577 to get one. Ask our pros about our reasonable Wi-Fi carbon monoxide systems.
  2. If you already own a carbon monoxide detector, frequently look at or put in new batteries. You should test batteries every 90 days, and buy a new alarm every three to five years.
  3. If your carbon monoxide alarm alerts you to danger, leave your house right away and phone 911.

Protect Your Family with Support from Wesley Wood Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning

Carbon monoxide doesn’t have to be scary, and with the recommended actions your family can be safe from the dangerous gas. Make the proper changes and call Wesley Wood Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning at 484-401-7577 to learn more.


Our Health and Safety Commitment
At Service Experts, our top priority is always the health and safety of our customers and team. We are following all COVID-19 (Coronavirus) public safety guidelines and adjusting our business practices as needed to ensure customer and employee wellbeing. As a precautionary measure, anyone working on behalf of Service Experts – including our technicians – is being asked to stay home for the recommended 14 day quarantine period if they are returning from out-of-country, have been exposed to a presumptive or confirmed case, or are feeling unwell. We are providing our technicians and other field employees with additional health and safety guidance to assist in keeping our customers and employees safe. Please be prepared to answer brief health and safety questions with our representative. We will continue to monitor the situation and will adjust our business practices as required. We recognize that this may be a particularly stressful time and want you to know that, we are committed to serving you and making your experience as easy as possible.