No matter what the climate outside, the temperature in your house designates how comfortable your family will be. Choose the right temp and your home will feel like a nice escape from the world. But if your climate control system isn’t working the way it should, you’ll notice. And it won’t be enjoyable.
Get ready to take an in-depth look at the way you’re handling your heating and cooling equipment. It might make the difference between a strong system or a poor performer. Work through this brief quiz from Service Experts to see how you stack up.
- Hotter days are right around the corner. How do you prepare your AC?
- Swap out the HVAC filter and clean the vents. Then it’s ready to go.
- Schedule an appointment with the professionals for a seasonal checkup.
- Nothing. It should be fine.
- You’re having a get-together on a scorching night, but the AC isn’t doing anything. What’s your first step?
- Ask my visitors to bring iced beverages.
- Call for an emergency repair to get it operating before the party starts.
- Plug in my fans and wish for a cool breeze.
- Your current HVAC is pretty old. What happens when it’s time for a replacement?
- Have my contractor make the decision and finance it with a credit card.
- Get rid of worries and expenses by subscribing to a monthly home comfort subscription.
- Buy the most intricate system available.
- When you receive your next monthly energy bill, what do you expect you’ll discover?
- It will have a hefty price tag. My heating and cooling charges have been climbing.
- It will be similar to the expenses for the same month last year.
- I won’t know until I read it. Some months aren’t bad, but others are a surprise.
- Your HVAC system is making a funny noise. What do you do?
- Dig out my toolbox and kill a weekend attempting to fix it.
- Schedule a qualified technician to check it out.
- Block it out and hope it ends.
Now add up your results. If you picked mostly Bs, your heating and cooling tendencies are on the money. You’re taking care of your machine and you have a plan for your future replacement. But if you responded to any of these problems with As or Cs, you can make a couple of changes to help your equipment perform better. Keep going to learn how.
New HVAC Habits to Help Protect Your Home
Book Yearly Maintenance While changing your air filter and sprucing up your vents are essential tasks to prepare your system for a new season, a professional tune-up is necessary to wrap up the process. During a routine visit, your Expert technician will manage a series of tasks that advance the energy efficiency of your system. And while they’re there, your HVAC professional will look out for more severe issues for your HVAC. That could save you an expensive breakdown in the future.
Work with a heating and cooling company that offers emergency repairs. Even carefully maintained heating and cooling systems can have complications sometimes. And it always seems to occur at the most inconvenient times. A company with 24/7 emergency service can fix the headache and discomfort. The Service Experts Advantage Program provides that critical service to homeowners at no extra cost.
Make a plan for your HVAC system replacement. Some HVAC systems can function for 10 to 15 years, but they won’t last forever. Make an idea of what you want now to bypass last-minute pressure when your equipment takes its last bow. The Service Experts Advantage Program™ can help. It gives you a new high-efficiency HVAC system with no up-front costs. And as an added bonus, the program includes free maintenance and repairs.
Keep track of your monthly energy bills and don’t ignore it when they dramatically change. Your electricity bills can present more than your monthly charges. If you’re seeing a stable increase in your costs but no change in home comfort, something is probably happening with your HVAC. An updated high-efficiency system can offer you peace of mind with more consistent energy usage—and that means fewer unknown amounts on your bill.
Act when you hear a weird noise from your HVAC system. That noise is more than aggravating. It illustrates something is amiss with your machinery. Even if it’s a seemingly small trouble, left alone it could make for an pricey repair in the future. Don’t try to work on it yourself. Leave it to the pros to figure out and set it right.
Your HVAC can cost you big when you don’t treat it right. If you use these tips, you could save time, additional costs and irritation. And if your system just isn’t helping anymore, think about installing one through the Service Experts Advantage Program. It can find you a new energy-efficient system with no up-front costs and free maintenance and repairs.
To find out more, give us a call or request an appointment online. We’re happy to help!