It’s frosty outside. Much of the country is layering up for some below freezing temperatures. And while the Experts are always prepared to help, we’ve got a few HVAC and plumbing honey-dos to help you avoid those winter weather emergencies.
- Disconnect exterior water fixtures.
- Make sure you insulate exposed pipes and outdoor fixtures.
- A slow drip in indoor bathrooms and sinks by outer walls can keep pipes from freezing.
- Open up those cabinets under sinks to keep warm air circulating around pipes.
- Set an indoor temperature of at least 68 degrees (and warmer if possible).
- Get those home heaters ready by checking them for proper operation.
- If you’ve got vents shut in unused rooms, now is the time to open them.
- If your furnace is not operational, contact the Experts for heating repairs or consider a new furnace install.
- Last but not least, give each of your smoke and carbon monoxide detectors a quick once-over.
Follow these simple tips to keep your HVAC and plumbing warm and working. Then pour yourself some hot cocoa. And, as always, Wesley Wood Service Experts is here for you. If you’ve got questions, concerns or problems, don’t hesitate to call.