Planning routine AC maintenance is worthwhile.
Maintenance keeps your air conditioner equipment in West Chester operating at its best performance while keeping utility usage down. It also may even help prolong its life expectancy.
While there are a couple jobs you can complete by yourself, you should work with Experts, like the ones at Wesley Wood Service Experts, for AC inspections and service.
Here are several steps you can complete by yourself as you prepare for cooling season.
Get Your AC Maintenance Scheduled
Spring is a season of rejuvenation, and to many that includes a large portion of home, garage and yard sprucing. With the toastier weather right around the corner, it’s also a fantastic idea to include AC maintenance on that listing.
Spring is a great time of year to get your air conditioning system freshened and inspected. Waiting to switch it on until the first warm day of the year can be dicey. If you have to have service or a new unit, you may be waiting days for a tech. And that might turn awfully uncomfortable.
And for people with allergies, being one step ahead with a fresh AC system will help provide the greatest indoor air quality during pollen season.
Additionally, air conditioning service could be required for your unit’s manufacturer warranty or any extra extended warranty.
Can I Finish a Tune-Up on My Own?
There are procedures that you can take to help keep your air conditioner equipment in the ultimate order:
- Put in a new air filter advises each month or two. This is especially necessary if you have been diagnosed with allergies or have a cat in your home.
- Lawn work around the exterior condenser. Make sure there’s not any grass, weeds or bushes near your AC system. We suggest keeping 2–3 feet of free room. You should also remove any leaves or sticks that have dropped into your equipment, since this could impede airflow.
Let the Pros Take Care of the Rest
What’s left to finish? If you get in touch with Wesley Wood Service Experts at 484-401-7577, the primary thing we may do is compliment you for all the steps you’ve already finished. Then our pros get down to the nuts and bolts. We’ll check your system and make sure it’s operating like it should with these steps:
- Tightening electrical connections to provide secure comfort.
- Lubrication to keep moving pieces working smoothly and potentially avoid malfunctions.
- Rinsing the condensate drain line to remove leak-inducing mold and obstructions.
- Aligning coil fins to stop reduced airflow.
- Cleansing the outdoor coil to eliminate any blockage from dust and vegetation.
- Checking controls to ensure your unit is switching on, cooling and turning off like it should.
- Evaluating the operating temperature parameters to ensure your system has the proper refrigeration charge.
If we find issues that require additional work, we are set to offer you the most reasonable solution. Uncovering possible problems in a timely manner might solve larger issues in the future. This also provides you time to plan if your system is aging.
When you are seeking a new cooling system to help make your new system fit your budget. Whatever your AC needs are, you can feel good knowing our Experts will take care of your needs.
Prepared to schedule your checkup? Call us at 484-401-7577 or schedule an appointment online now.