Planning routine AC maintenance is worthwhile.
Maintenance keeps your air conditioner unit in West Chester operating at its top performance while keeping utility usage down. It also could even help lengthen its life expectancy.
While there are several jobs you can finish by yourself, you should work with Experts, like the ones at Wesley Wood Service Experts, for AC inspections and maintenance.
Here are several steps you can do alone as you prepare for cooling season.
Get Your AC Tune-Up Scheduled
Spring is a period of revival, and to many that includes a large portion of home, garage and yard freshening. With the hotter weather right around the corner, it’s also a fantastic idea to put AC maintenance on that checklist.
Spring is the best time of year to get your air conditioning system freshened and inspected. Waiting to switch it on until the first sweltering day of the year can be dicey. If you have to schedule service or a new unit, you might be waiting days for a technician. And that might turn awfully uncomfortable.
And for those with allergies, being well prepared with a freshened AC system will help assure the finest indoor air quality during pollen season.
Additionally, AC service might be required for your equipment’s manufacturer warranty or any extra extended warranty.
Can I Complete a Tune-Up on My Own?
There are methods that you can take to help keep your air conditioner unit in the ultimate state:
- Change your air filter. Clogged filters restrict airflow and might lower your unit’s efficiency. While the replacement timeline depends on the type of filter you use, the U.S. Department of Energy advises each month or two. This is especially crucial if you have been diagnosed with allergies or have a cat in your home.
- Lawn work around the exterior condenser. Make sure there’s not any grass, weeds or bushes near your AC equipment. We advise keeping 2–3 feet of open room. You should also remove any leaves or sticks that have collected inside your system, as this could impede airflow.
Let the Professionals Manage the Rest
What’s left to accomplish? If you ring Wesley Wood Service Experts at 484-401-7577, the primary thing we may do is compliment you for all the tasks you’ve already completed. Then our Experts get down to the nuts and bolts. We’ll check your system and make sure it’s operating correctly with these steps:
- Tightening electrical connections to provide secure cooling.
- Lubrication to keep moving pieces working smoothly and potentially avoid malfunctions.
- Flushing the condensate drain line to remove leak-inducing mold and blockages.
- Fixing coil fins to stay clear of limited airflow.
- Freshening the outdoor coil to get rid of any blockage from dust and vegetation.
- Checking controls to double check your equipment is turning on, cooling and turning off correctly.
- Evaluating the operating temperature parameters to ensure your system has the proper refrigeration charge.
If we find issues that require extra work, we are set to provide you the most reasonable choice. Finding likely problems in a timely manner might solve larger issues in the future. This also provides you time to plan if your system is aging.
When you are looking for a new AC system, our Experts will work with you to select the best unit for your needs. We also offer financing to help make your new system work for your budget. Whatever your AC needs are, you can feel good knowing our Experts will take care of you.
Prepared to schedule your checkup? Call us at 484-401-7577 or schedule an appointment online now.