Spring is enjoyable for more than a few reasons: flowers are blooming, you can crack windows for outdoor air and your utility bill is normally at its lowest. That’s because you’re not using your heater or cooling.
But as mercury begins to rise, so do your energy charges. Here are a few tips for saving energy in West Chester and keeping costs low.
1. Call for Yearly AC Maintenance
Giving your AC system a yearly maintenance visit can help it operate more efficiently and cut down costs. Replacing your air filter will help keep utility bills low.
If your HVAC equipment has experienced better days, spring is a great time to replace it. The energy-saving features in modern AC systems is an obvious benefit for keeping your utility charges down.
2. Turn to Your Thermostat
There’s a simple way you can save up to 10% on home comfort costs. Just turn your thermostat back 7–10 degrees for 8 hours each day.
Understanding how to expertly work your thermostat is the best way to lower energy expenses in the summer.
- Set your thermostat as high as comfortably possible when you’re in the house. Consider it this way, the smaller the difference between outside temperatures and inside temperatures, the cheaper your energy cost will be.
- When you’re not at home, set the thermostat to a significantly higher temperature or turn it off. You shouldn’t have to cool an empty house.
3. Take Advantage of Other Methods to Cool Your House
You can turn to a couple other methods to help keep your house at the right temperature:
- Use a ceiling fan—By using a ceiling fan, you can raise your thermostat setting an average of 4 degrees with no loss in comfort. Have your fan spin counterclockwise in the summer, which drives cool air upward. This moves cool air more equally when you’re in the room.
- Keep blinds shut—Sunlight quickly converts to heat as it comes through windows. Keep your residence comfortable by shutting blinds and curtains when you’re not using sunny spaces.
4. Think About Using a Smart Thermostat
You’ve left home and immediately realize you failed to turn up the thermostat. Then you think about it the full day!
Smart thermostats learn your routine and move the temp when you’re out and about to help you save on your bills. You can also set the temperature from anywhere with your phone.
These professional tips will all help keep summer energy bills down. If you decide it’s time to modernize your thermostat or need AC installation, give our team a call at 484-401-7577 or contact us online. We’ll help you figure out the best product for your house. And like always, all our services are protected by a 100% satisfaction guarantee.*
*Not applicable to the Advantage Program™. See your signed Advantage Program agreement for full details and exclusions. 100% Satisfaction Guarantee is subject to certain restrictions and limitations as set forth in the applicable Terms and Conditions.