Spring is enjoyable for many reasons: flowers are blooming, you can crack windows for fresh air and your utility bill is often at its lowest. That’s because you’re not relying on your heater or cooling.
But as temps begin to rise, so do your energy costs. Here are a few suggestions for saving energy in West Chester and keeping costs low.
1. Call for Annual AC Maintenance
Giving your air conditioning system an annual tune-up can help it operate more efficiently and trim costs. Switching out your air filter will help keep energy bills low.
If your HVAC equipment has experienced better days, spring is a great time to replace it. The energy-saving features in newer AC systems is an obvious plus in keeping your utility charges down.
2. Turn to Your Thermostat
There’s a simple way you can save up to 10% on home comfort costs. Just turn your thermostat back 7–10 degrees for 8 hours a day.
Understanding how to expertly use your thermostat is the best way to lower energy expenses in the summer.
- Set your thermostat as high as comfortably possible when you’re in the house. Think of it this way, the less significant the difference between outside temperatures and inside temperatures, the cheaper your air conditioning cost will be.
- When you’re not at home, set the thermostat to a significantly higher temperature or shut it off. You shouldn’t have to cool an empty home.
3. Take Advantage of Other Methods to Cool Your Home
You can turn to a few other approaches to help keep your residence at the right temperature:
- Use a ceiling fan—By using a ceiling fan, you can raise your thermostat setting an average of 4 degrees with no reduction in comfort. Have your fan spin counterclockwise when it’s warm out, which drives cool air upward. This distributes cool air more evenly when you’re in the room.
- Keep blinds shut—Sunlight quickly transforms into heat as it comes through windows. Keep your residence comfortable by shutting blinds and curtains when you’re not using sunny spaces.
4. Consider Getting a Smart Thermostat
You’ve left home and immediately realize you failed to turn up the thermostat. Then you think about it the full day!
Smart thermostats learn your routine and move the temp when you’re out to help you save money. You can also change the temperature from anywhere with your phone.
These professional tips will all help keep summer energy charges down. If you decide it’s time to upgrade your thermostat or need AC installation, give our team a call at 484-401-7577 or contact us online. We’ll help you choose the best product for your home. And as always, all our services are backed by a 100% satisfaction guarantee.*
*Not applicable to the Advantage Program™. See your signed Advantage Program agreement for full details and exclusions. 100% Satisfaction Guarantee is subject to certain restrictions and limitations as set forth in the applicable Terms and Conditions.