Carbon Monoxide

Carbon Monoxide: Take the Proper Steps to Detect

There are a lot of potential gases that could exist in your home. Natural gas, radon, and gases and vapors that come from household furnishings, carpeting, flooring and paints. But none are as dangerous as carbon monoxide.

Carbon monoxide is potentially a matter of life and death, so it needs to be taken very seriously. This toxic gas is colorless, odorless, tasteless, and initially non-irritating. A by-product of burnt fuel, carbon monoxide can filtrate its way into your home when the heat exchanger on a gas furnace cracks, allowing carbon monoxide to leak. Depending on the size of the leak and the circulation in a home, carbon monoxide can lead to death very quickly, or it could cause symptoms that have been misdiagnosed as the flu, viral infections, and chronic fatigue syndrome, among other things.

You absolutely cannot risk carbon monoxide poisoning. Here are some steps you can take:

  1. If you do not have a working carbon monoxide detector in your home, call Wesley Wood Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning in West Chester to purchase one. Ask our experts about affordable WiFi carbon monoxide detectors like the Nest Protect.
  2. If you have a carbon monoxide detector, check or replace the batteries regularly. Testing should be done every 90 days, and the detector should be replaced every 3 to 5 years.
  3. If you hear the carbon monoxide detector alarm go off, or start having some of the symptoms listed above, ask your doctor to test for carbon monoxide poisoning.

Carbon monoxide doesn’t have to be scary and with the proper steps you can be certain to receive alerts if there is any sign of carbon monoxide. Take the necessary steps and call Wesley Wood Service Experts in West Chester at 484-401-7577 to learn more.

Wesley Wood Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning
1140 McDermott Drive, Suite 101
West Chester, Pennsylvania 19380

Phone: 484-401-7577
Email: wesleywood@serviceexperts.com
PA007227